Today we look at the Studer OnAir 1500 Digital Mixing Console & Nano SCore and its benefits
It’s no secret that NetDynamix favours the Harman line of products, it’s also not hard to believe either since their product offering is so rock solid, versatile and reliable.
Now that our broadcasters play in a digital world, we’ve moved on from the Soundcraft (by Harman… as well) RM100, RM105, Series 10 and 15 straight to the Studer range of digital broadcast consoles. In the spotlight this month is the Studer OnAir 1500. An entry level broadcast console that punches above it’s weight, and that, in our opinion, is by no means “entry level”.
This full service digital console features:
- 12-channel, 6-fader console with 100mm faders
- 6-fader add-on expansion module to give you 12-faders in total
- NANO SCORE DSP and I/O Engine
- Super slim design for either Flush-mount or 19″ rack-mount installations
- Full channel processing, including four-band EQ, compressor, limiter, expander, gate and de-esser
- Comprehensive monitoring and talkback with unique headphone split mode and internal speaker
- OLEDs (Organic LED) in fader strips and central module that provide crystal clear display
- Ergonomic, easy-to-learn Touch ‘n’ Action™ user interface.
- USB jingle playback and bus recording facilities
- I/O Expansion through standard Studer D21m card slots
- Advanced timer functionality
- USB user identifier for easy user rights assignment
The NANO SCORE provides the following Standard I/O:
- Inputs: 16 Mic/Line, 4 stereo AES (with SRC), D21m card slot and USB
- Outputs: 16 Line Out, 4 stereo AES, D21m card slot and USB
- Control: 8 x GPI, 8 x GPO and Ethernet
- Busses: 1 stereo PGM, 1 stereo RECORD, 1 stereo PFL, 4 N–1 busses (AUX), 1 Audition, CR and ST monitoring (stereo)
- Ethernet and Serial connection for Automation and other DAW or software integration
The NANO SCORE:
With simple point-to-point connectivity, the OnAir 1500 can be easily moved around as a backup or secondary unit, with a recommended maximum distance of 60 m away from its core when connected via high-quality Cat5 cabling.
Flexibility is increased with addition of the 6-fader extension bay, creating either a 12 fader surface, or 6 faders can be remotely placed in a producer’s bay or used as a redundant surface. The system can bridge the gap between on-air and production needs, offering an all inclusive design of features and function to improve ease and efficiency of executing great programming in either setting, all of the time.
The separate core of the OnAir 1500 contains the audio and control engine. Its straightforward design provides standard sockets making any additional breakout panel unnecessary. Two separate card slots can be equipped with any optional D21m I/O module, such as MADI (up to 64 ch in/56 ch out), ADAT, AES, or additional MIC inputs or the new Livewire® card for legendary applications. The front panel carries three USB ports, one of which is used to identify the console operator. The second port can host a USB stick for recording and playout, while the third one can be switched to deliver an additional eight channels of I/O to/from a USB device. The NANO SCORE connects to the surface via a single CAT5 cable, supplying power to the surface. The additional 6-fader expansion frame is connected and powered by a separate cable directly from the core. This allows for a clutter free installation. Get hold of our sales team for some photos of our installations using the Studer OnAir 1500. A DVI connection is provided for an external monitor for use in desk configuration and or desk monitoring if required, Running the legendary On-Air software.
The specs on this console are amazing. The manufacturer is well established and is backed by a parent company that arguably owns and supports some of the best known brands in the industry.
Our clients that have chosen the Studer OnAir 1500 are impressed with it’s reliability, stability and it’s best kept secret… the audio quality that is arguably the best produced by any broadcast console in the market.
Should you require more information on this product, or pricing, please do not hesitate to contact NetDynamix for more information.